Fourth, September is the fiscal year end for the U.S. federal government, and stronger sales growth to these government agencies is contributing to a better start to the month. Keep in mind that it is difficult to forecast the extent of the benefit for the month as government spending at year end can be unpredictable. Beyond government, each of the remaining customer end markets in the United States is showing improvement versus August.
Finally, we lose a selling day in the third quarter versus the prior year. One less selling day typically results in reported sales being about 1 percentage point lower than the daily rate for the quarter. The 2012 third quarter will have 63 days versus 64 days in the 2011 third quarter.
Please mark your calendar for our 2012 third quarter earnings release on Tuesday, October 16. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at (847) 535-0881 or Laura Brown, Senior Vice President, Communications and Investor Relations at (847) 535-0409. Thank you.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV