TOLEDO, Ohio, Sept. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- For the third year in a row, Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) has earned placement in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI World) in recognition of its sustainability initiatives.
Composed of global sustainability leaders, the DJSI World Index is an elite listing of the top 10 percent of the world's 2,500 largest companies based on long-term economic, environmental and social criteria.
"One of our greatest strengths at Owens Corning is our ability to follow through on aggressive goals, and then boldly set the bar even higher," said Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Mike Thaman. "Sustainability is a core business strategy of our company, and I am proud of our commitment, focus, resolve and success in accomplishing the objectives we set."
"We understand what it takes to remain among the sustainability leaders who earn this recognition on the DJSI World Index, and our goal is to be continuously improving," said Owens Corning Chief Sustainability Officer Frank O'Brien-Bernini. "We are constantly seeking and finding new ways to add value, through our sustainability efforts, to our customers, our communities, our employees, our investors and to the industries in which we operate. We're proud of our inclusion on the Index again this year."Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across both of its business segments: Building Materials and Composites. The company recently reported its sustainability progress in its 6 th Sustainability Report. Some highlights include:
- Transformed the entire Residential Insulation product line to EcoTouch ®. This innovation led to the most significant product transformation in the company's nearly 75-year history.
- 37 percent intensity reduction in the company's Toxic Air Emissions compared to 2010.
- 22 percent intensity reduction in the company's Waste-to-Landfill compared to 2010.
- 8 percent intensity reduction in the company's Greenhouse Gases compared to 2010.
- 10 consecutive years of safety improvement.
- Elevated the depth, breadth and transparency of the company's sustainability reporting, moving from a Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) reporting level of B to A.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts