Stocks Soar as Fed Delivers QE3
Pier 1 Imports (PIR), the specialty retailer, said fiscal second-quarter earnings rose 58%. It also announced it was raising its full-year earnings guidance. The stock rose a little less than 1%.
Dole Food (DOLE) was an active issue following a report that the company is in advanced talks to sell its packaged foods and Asian fresh fruit and vegetable businesses to Japan's Itochu. A report from the Nikkei business daily reported that Itochu may pay as much as $1.7 billion. Shares fell incrementally on heavier than normal volume.
Vical Incorporated (VICL) shares gained 6.6% after the San Diego, Calif.-based biopharmaceutical company said that it was licensing DNA immunization technology and Vaxfectin adjuvant for use in the production of antibodies to Bristol-Myers Squibb ( BMY).
Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
--Written by Andrea Tse and Joe Deaux in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV