SANTA ANA, Calif., Sept. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX), a leading provider of information, analytics and business services, today released its September MarketPulse report. The monthly economic publication provides insight into the current and future health of the U.S. economic climate with emphasis on housing and mortgage metrics. CoreLogic Chief Economist Mark Fleming and Deputy Chief Economist Sam Khater, along with colleagues from the CoreLogic mortgage analytics and economics team, authored the articles. Additionally, this month's edition includes an opening letter to the industry by Anand Nallathambi, CoreLogic president and CEO, featuring his personal observations on the road to a sustainable housing recovery.
Key findings in the September MarketPulse Report include:
- While robust economic growth remains elusive, the housing market is accelerating in all areas. Sales are up, mortgage performance is improving and prices are rapidly improving.
- Land is a critical cyclical component that drives home values. Currently land share of total home value is historically low, but if land sales begin to increase rapidly, home prices could rise more quickly than traditional income and rent-to-price fundamental indicators warrant, and would contribute to overall economic growth.
- The newly introduced CoreLogic Real Estate Strength Index (RESi™), is a monthly index that compares and ranks the quality, sustainability and health of metropolitan markets by incorporating economic, real estate and mortgage factors.
- According to RESi, the majority of the most-improved U.S. housing markets are in western markets, which peaked and bottomed earlier than many eastern and southern markets. Boise, Idaho holds the top spot for most improved, followed by Phoenix, Ariz. and West Palm Beach, Fla.
For a complete copy of the September CoreLogic MarketPulse report, including a complete set of data and charts, visit http://www.corelogic.com/downloadable-docs/MarketPulse_2012-September.pdf.About CoreLogicCoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX) is a leading provider of consumer, financial and property information, analytics and services to business and government. The Company combines public, contributory and proprietary data to develop predictive decision analytics and provide business services that bring dynamic insight and transparency to the markets it serves. CoreLogic has built one of the largest and most comprehensive U.S. real estate, mortgage application, fraud, and loan performance databases and is a recognized leading provider of mortgage and automotive credit reporting, property tax, valuation, flood determination, and geospatial analytics and services. More than one million users rely on CoreLogic to assess risk, support underwriting, investment and marketing decisions, prevent fraud, and improve business performance in their daily operations. The Company, headquartered in Santa Ana, Calif., has approximately 5,000 employees globally. For more information, visit www.corelogic.com. CORELOGIC and the stylized CoreLogic logo are registered trademarks owned by CoreLogic, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. RESI is a common law trademark owned by CoreLogic, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. No trademark of CoreLogic shall be used without the express written consent of CoreLogic. SOURCE CoreLogic
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV