ALISO VIEJO, Calif., Sept. 13, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- QLogic (Nasdaq:QLGC) today announced that its portfolio of Fibre Channel, 10Gb Ethernet (10GbE) and converged network adapters provide industry-leading performance, reliability, scalability and simplified deployment for the Windows Server 2012 platform through powerful QLogic® in-box drivers, which are included standard with the new operating system (OS).
Windows Server 2012 is a cornerstone of the Cloud OS. For organizations deploying shared services via a private or public cloud, it is imperative to choose I/O technologies that provide fine-grained Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities. QLogic Fibre Channel and Network QoS technologies for Windows Server 2012 handle these increased demands for flexibility and stringent service level agreements (SLAs) and allow enterprises to enhance performance and network utilization, while simultaneously reducing complexity within Windows Server 2012-based clouds.
"QLogic has been closely involved in the execution of Microsoft's Cloud OS strategy, providing network adapters with rich features that address the demands of virtualized and cloud computing environments," said Amit Vashi, vice president, marketing, Host Solutions Group, QLogic. "Our Fibre Channel, 10GbE and converged networking adapters, with in-box drivers, are designed to maximize customers' investments in Windows Server 2012 in enterprise data centers and cloud deployments. Our battle-tested, widely adopted software stack makes it easy for customers to deploy all QLogic network adapters with complete confidence with Windows Server 2012.""Windows Server 2012 has its roots in Microsoft's long-standing expertise with large cloud data centers," said Sandeep Singhal, general manager, Windows Networking, Microsoft. "With a large installed base of network adapter solutions that fully exploit the advantages of virtualized data centers and cloud environments, QLogic provides customers with network adapter solutions that can help them make the most of Windows Server 2012's breakthrough capabilities." QLogic Fibre Channel Adapters Deliver Proven Stability and Reliability for Windows Server 2012 Leveraging the company's 15 years of industry-leading Fibre Channel expertise, QLogic provides highly stable, reliable and efficient Fibre Channel connectivity in Windows Server 2012 environments. QLogic Fibre Channel adapters provide a number of benefits for Windows Server 2012 customers including:
- Integrated with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Fibre Channel (VFC) technology, QLogic adapters are the only ones in the industry that provide a switch-agnostic QoS solution which enables data center administrators to control the amount of SAN I/O resources to match enterprise application workloads.
- The ability to allocate bandwidth and set priorities for VFC ports in Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V via the QLogic N-Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) solution enables granular QoS settings that are essential for shared public and private cloud deployments.
- VMflex™ switch-agnostic capabilities and QoS for network partitions in Windows Server 2012.
- The QLogic 8200 Series is the only adapter to concurrently provide full offload of all three key data center fabric protocols—NIC, FCoE and iSCSI—from a single, physical port, allowing Windows Server 2012 customers to mix and match the most appropriate I/O fabric that best serves the enterprise data center.
- QLogic leverages Dynamic VMQ and Receive Segment Coalescing (RSC) features to enable performance-optimized, high-density VM deployments.
- Support for Windows Server 2012 NIC teaming provides unparalleled operational reliability and performance.
- QLogic is actively engaged to provide Windows Server 2012 Network Virtualization using Generic Routing Encapsulation (NVGRE).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV