NeutroPhase is an advanced wound cleanser developed by NovaBay Pharmaceuticals that contains 0.01% pure hypochlorous acid (HOCl), which has been proven to rapidly kill bacteria in solution. Pure HOCI has been reported to be 80-100 times more potent than sodium hypochlorite (commonly known as diluted bleach or Dakin's solution) 1.
The presented case study also includes a step-by-step treatment protocol to educate other wound specialists on how to perform the novel therapeutic technique, as well as a detailed look at the events that occurred concerning this particular patient, including initial incision and drainage, treatment with NeutroPhase and NPWT, length of hospital stay, prescribed home treatment regimen, and complete healing time.
The FDA has cleared NeutroPhase Skin and Wound Cleanser for the cleansing and removal of foreign material including microorganisms and debris from wounds and for moistening absorbent wound dressings and cleaning minor cuts, minor burns, superficial abrasions and minor irritations of the skin. It is also intended for moistening and debriding acute and chronic dermal lesions, such as Stage I-IV pressure ulcers, stasis ulcers, leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, post-surgical wounds, first and second degree burns, grafted and donor sites. To date the FDA has not cleared NeutroPhase for the treatment of necrotizing fasciitis.
About NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ( www.novabaypharma.com )Going Beyond Antibiotics NovaBay Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on addressing the large unmet therapeutic needs of the global anti-infective market with its two distinct categories of products. Aganocide ® Compounds NovaBay's first-in-class Aganocide compounds, led by NVC-422, are patented, synthetic molecules with a broad spectrum of activity against bacteria, viruses and fungi. Mimicking the mechanism of action that human white blood cells use against infections, Aganocides possess a reduced likelihood that bacteria or viruses will be able to develop resistance, which is critical for advanced anti-infectives. Having demonstrated therapeutic proof-of-concept in three Phase 2 clinical studies, these compounds are suited to treat and prevent a wide range of local, non-systemic infections. NovaBay is currently concentrated on three large therapeutic markets:
- Dermatology - Partnered with Galderma, a leading dermatology company, to develop a formulation of NVC-422 for treatment of highly contagious skin infection, impetigo. Current product offerings give rise to resistance. A major global clinical study is planned for 2012.
- Ophthalmology - NovaBay is developing an eye drop formulation of NVC-422 for treating viral conjunctivitis, for which there is currently no FDA-approved treatment. Enrollment into a global Phase 2b clinical study has begun with top-line data expected in the first half of 2013.
- Urology - NovaBay's irrigation solution containing NVC-422 is currently in Phase 2 clinical studies, with the goal of reducing the incidence of urinary catheter blockage and encrustation (UCBE) and associated urinary tract infections. The Company reported positive data from Part A of this study and expects to announce top-line results from Part B later in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV