IRVINE, Calif., Sept. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Western Digital Corp. (NASDAQ: WDC) today announced that at its Investor Day on Sept. 13, 2012, executives will discuss the company's vision for the evolution of storage, its market positions, its strategies and technologies for addressing multiple growth opportunities, as well as its business model and capital allocation strategy.
Executive presentations will include:
- John Coyne, CEO, Western Digital: "Passion for Change: A Formula for Sustained Profitable Growth";
- Steve Milligan, President, Western Digital: "Vision for Change: Driving Value Through Strategic Initiatives";
- Mike Cordano, President, HGST: "Driving Datacenter Change: Storage Opportunities in the Cloud";
- Tim Leyden, President, WD: "Leveraging Change into Opportunity: Connected Life and Mobile Devices";
- Bill Cain, Ph.D., VP, Technology, WD, and Currie Munce, Ph.D., VP, Research, HGST: "Technology Trends in the Storage Universe"; and
- Wolfgang Nickl, Executive VP and CFO, Western Digital: "Driving Shareholder Value: Business Model and Capital Allocation Strategy."
At Investor Day, the company also will demonstrate new technologies and products from its WD and HGST subsidiaries that are expected to shape the future of storage, including:
- Hybrid drives integrating solid state and magnetic storage technologies;
- 5 mm and 7 mm form factor drive designs for high-capacity storage in the newest thin-and-light mobile devices;
- A new hard drive platform enabling extreme capacities and significantly improved total cost of ownership for the enterprise market;
- A 12 Gb/s SAS enterprise-class solid state drive, which doubles the performance throughput of 6 Gb/s SAS for next-generation high-performance server and storage solutions;
- Products associated with The Connected Life, utilizing personal cloud storage hardware and software to enable personal and premium content on multiple screens; and
- G-Technology external storage solutions used by content creators and Apple® Mac® users.
Presentations and question-and-answer sessions will be webcast live at investor.wdc.com on Sept. 13 in two sessions. The first session will run from 9 a.m. PDT/ 12 p.m. EDT to 12:15 p.m. PDT/ 3:15 p.m. EDT. The second session will start at 2:15 p.m. PDT/ 5:15 p.m. EDT and will last for approximately 75 minutes. Product demonstrations will not be accessible via webcast. An archive of the webcast can be accessed beginning Sept. 14, 2012, and will be available for one year. The live and archived webcast can be accessed online at investor.wdc.com. The slide presentations used during Investor Day also will be available on the site at the same time the presentations are made available.About Western Digital Western Digital Corp. (NASDAQ: WDC), Irvine, Calif., is a global provider of products and services that empower people to create, manage, experience and preserve digital content. Its subsidiaries design and manufacture storage devices, networking equipment and home entertainment products under the WD ® , HGST and G-Technology brands. Visit the Investor section of the company's website ( www.westerndigital.com) to access a variety of financial and investor information. Western Digital, WD and the WD logo are registered trademarks in the U.S. and other countries. Other marks may be mentioned herein that belong to other companies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV