Sonus Networks (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in SIP communications, today announced expanded roles of key executive officers, Todd A. Abbott and Jeffrey M. Snider. Abbott has been promoted to Executive Vice President of Strategy & Go-To-Market while Snider’s role has expanded to serve as Senior Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel. Both roles are effective September 13, 2012.
Abbott, who joined Sonus in May 2011, will add business unit planning and execution responsibilities to his current role guiding sales, marketing and business development. Since joining, Abbott has led the go-to-market transformation of Sonus, including the move into the enterprise segment and the company’s first channel activation program, Sonus Partner Assure™. With the addition of business unit responsibilities under Abbott, the product offering, promotion and sales execution of Sonus solutions are now united to accelerate market responsiveness to the communications needs of enterprises and service providers.
Snider has served as Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of Sonus since June 2009. With the addition of the Chief Administrative Officer function, Snider’s role expands to include oversight of human resources as well as facilities management. Most recently, Snider helped guide Sonus’ August 2012 acquisition of Network Equipment Technologies, Inc. (NET). In his expanded position, Snider will ensure that the talent resources, operational facilities and legal support collectively serve Sonus’ stated mission to help companies communicate faster, smarter and more collaboratively.
Quotes:"These appointments reflect another step in the transformation of Sonus to become an enabler of Cloud-based Unified Communications,” said Ray Dolan, president and CEO of Sonus Networks. “Todd Abbott has been a catalyst for change since joining Sonus and this appointment reflects his ability to orchestrate our end-to-end go-to-market proposition and execution. Jeff Snider has been foundational to Sonus’ transition in becoming an easier company to do business with and his expanded role recognizes the critical nature of having our staffing and physical resources operationally aligned moving forward.”Other Facts:
- Sonus is the fastest-growing provider of SBC solutions for 2011, according to Infonetics (Service Provider VoIP and IMS Equipment and Subscribers, 4Q11 Report)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV