- Quality, Affordable Healthcare with High Barriers-to-Entry: Sergeant's primary OTC channel flea and tick products contain the same active ingredients as the leading veterinary channel national brands, but offer consumers and retailers a compelling value proposition. In addition to regulatory hurdles (e.g., Environmental Protection Agency, Food and Drug Administration compliance), intellectual property portfolios, active-ingredient sourcing and channel access create barriers-to-entry.
- Immediate Access to Adjacent Category: The transaction is aligned with the Company's strategic growth objective to expand into adjacent categories where Perrigo can drive enhanced product offerings and value for its retail customers.
- Entry into Sizeable and Growing Self-pay Market: Pet Care is an $8 billion industry that has shown consistent growth through economic cycles. Consumers are treating their pets like members of the family and are spending a higher proportion of discretionary income on pet care and well-being.
- Revenue Synergies: Sergeant's acquisition allows Perrigo to add products to its current offerings and leverage established distribution infrastructure and customer relationships.
- Compelling Value Consistent with Stated Acquisition Criteria: The transaction is expected to be immediately accretive to adjusted earnings per share. The transaction is expected to be approximately $0.12 accretive to GAAP earnings per share and, excluding $0.08 of estimated deal-related expenses and intangible amortization, $0.20 accretive to adjusted earnings per share in the first full fiscal year post-closing. Perrigo's stated goal of Return on Invested Capital accretion is expected to be achieved in fiscal 2014.
Perrigo Company To Acquire Assets Of Sergeant's Pet Care Products, Inc., For $285 Million
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.