Protesters Storm U.S. Embassy in Yemen
SANAA, Yemen -- Protesters stormed the U.S. Embassy compound in Yemen's capital and burned the American flag on Thursday, according to reports.
The protesters breached the usually tight security around the embassy and reached the compound grounds but did not enter the main building housing the offices, The Associated Press reported. The protesters were angered by an anti-Islam film.
The attack in Yemen comes two days after an attack in Libya of the U.S. consulate in the eastern city of Benghazi killed American Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.
The attack in Yemen also was similar to an attack on the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, Egypt, on Tuesday night, the AP noted.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV