We also strategically try to optimize and fill in what we call the shoulder period times. So for instance some of you may have see at this weekend we did Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark, which was a 31-year old movie that we did actually nicely with it. It’s not a giant bread winner for the company. But nevertheless, it was a nice, I call it Lily Pad if you will that enabled us to kind of get from one side of the bank of the river to the other side, one side being Batman, the other side being Bond.
And in the shoulder periods we have try and fill in as many titles as we possibly can. We have a film opening up this week and that we’re looking forward to which is called Resident Evil: Retribution which is a sequel of the Resident Evil franchise that’s done quite well.
So we strategically try and filling our schedule and from a conceptual point of view we obviously try and pick movies that had huge scope and this does the take movie go as the places they talk about going to but probably will never get to, obviously we need the studio partner who understand IMAX and he is willing to promote, publishize, advertise us in an appropriate way and we have to generate financial returns for our company and our partners.
Differentiation is a huge part of what we do. We are the only company that actually works with filmmakers to make their movies better that also in the exhibition business. So we do that often by differentiation.We often have filmmakers film with our camera, again J.J. Abrams, Chris Nolan, Michael Bay, Brad Bird, et cetera. We often increase the aspect ratio to a bigger aspect ratio, specifically and exclusively for IMAX. We did that with Tron. We are doing that with the next movie that Tom Cruise and Joe Kosinski is doing which is called Oblivion.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV