By The Associated Press(equals)
The Dow Jones industrial average climbed 9.99 points to close at 13,333.35. The Standard & Poor's 500 index added an even 3 points to 1,436.56. The tech-heavy Nasdaq composite index climbed 9.78 points to 3,114.31.
Benchmark oil fell 16 cents Wednesday to end at $97.01 per barrel in New York. Brent crude, which is used to price international varieties of oil, gained 56 cents to $115.33 per barrel in London.Heating oil rose 2.95 cents to finish at $3.2152 per gallon. Wholesale gasoline fell 4.19 cents to finish at $3.0016 per gallon. Natural gas rose 7.1 cents end at $3.063 per 1,000 cubic feet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV