Michel Khalaf discussed our emerging market strategy, not only for his business in EMEA, but on behalf of the entire organization. And I would just like to add my support to that, but I think we've got a wonderful opportunity in the emerging markets in this part of the world, obviously, China being front and center of that, but also in a number of the other markets which we'll talk a bit about later, where we don't currently have an operation.
And then finally, we talked about driving customer centricity and creating a global brand, and you're going to hear a lot more from this -- about this from Bill with regards to Japan and Jong for Korea, and I really believe that this is very much one of the keys to success in this part of the world.
So turning to the next slide, let me just start to articulate some of the macro -- or the macro changes we're seeing within the region. So first and foremost, we're continually seeing governments shifting a lot of the social welfare burden on to individuals. We're seeing an aging population, which are more and more in need of health solutions. And obviously, a growing middle class in emerging markets and again, China is front and center of that, which means protection products. So the good thing for us about all 3 of those broad dynamics is that it plays into our current capabilities and our skill set that we have in the region and all can create value for us longer-term.
So our strategy to take advantage of those developing opportunities, really, is to grow our accident and health solutions in the region, and to the really leverage our multichannel distribution network with -- as the newcomer coming into the organization, I really believe that the strength of ours is something, which sets us apart from our peers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV