The L. S. Starrett Company today reported fiscal 2012 fourth quarter and full year financial results for the periods ended June 30, 2012.
- Revenues of $260 million were the second highest in the history of the Company
- Non-GAAP fiscal 2012 earnings, which were adjusted to exclude a pension adjustment, were $10.0 million or $1.48 per share compared to GAAP earnings of $6.8 million or $1.02 per share in fiscal 2011
- GAAP fiscal 2012 earnings, including the pension adjustment, were $0.9 million or $0.13 per share
- A $15.2 million non-cash pension adjustment was recorded in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012.
“Our Company had a strong year with growth in revenue and operating income in both the North American and International markets,” said President and CEO Douglas Starrett.
The table below illustrates the impact of the non-cash pension adjustment in the fourth quarter and full year.
|% of Sales||18.6||%||35.7||%||33.3||%||30.0||%||34.6||%||33.4||%|
|S, G & A Expenses||22.7||3.2||19.5||19.5||79.9||3.2||76.7||70.8|
|Net Earnings (Loss)||($4.6||)||$||9.1||$||4.5||$||1.5||$||0.9||$||9.1||$10.0||$||6.8|
|Earnings (loss) per share||($0.68||)||$||1.35||$||0.67||$||0.23||$||0.13||$||1.35||$1.48||$||1.02|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV