Some of those include our lead candidate which is gevokizumab, which is a monoclonal antibody which is an allosteric binder to IL-1 beta, and then some other compounds a little further in the pipeline such as the XMet program which we might discuss a little later also. These are all monoclonal antibodies that bind to allosteric as opposed to orthostatic sites or the non-business end part of the molecule.
The company I think is making a concerted effort to get more value for its assets. So in fact as you are aware, we are developing gevokizumab in conjunction with our partner Servier on a global basis, initially for non-infectious uveitis which is our lead indication and is now in Phase 3 and will be on a worldwide basis. And then for a series of other indications that the development should occur in the next few years and we should get some good data on that product and then hopefully we will have a few other things as we go forward.
Yigal Nochomovitz - Morgan StanleyGot it. It’s a good overview. Maybe we could jump in then on the lead asset, gevokizumab. Give the investors some sense of comparative profile of your IL-1 data agent relative to what else is out there in the world. And I am thinking of things like (inaudible) and so forth. Paul Rubin Sure. I think that if you look at all the products that are on the market or in development for modulating IL-1 beta signaling, we are I think unique. We are the only compound, as I mentioned, that binds to a part of IL-1 beta where we can dramatically reduce the signal that occurs from IL-1 beta stimulating its receptors, we still allow interaction of IL-1 beta with its receptor. And what that does it enhances clearance of the molecule and it prevents the existence of circulating antibody like [complexes], which can be detrimental.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV