- First subjects enrolled in pivotal Phase 3 study
- 158 men currently enrolled in 500 patient 6 month open label study
- Repros believes open label study provides encouraging data to support pivotal study endpoint
- Repros believes recent financing provides sufficient funds to submit Androxal NDA in 2014
THE WOODLANDS, Texas, Sept. 12, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Repros Therapeutics Inc. ® (Nasdaq:RPRX)today provided a clinical update of its Androxal ® Phase 3 program.
Pivotal Phase 3 Studies
Repros has randomized the first subjects in ZA-301, the first of two pivotal studies. The study is being conducted at various US clinical sites.The second Phase 3 study, ZA-302, will begin enrollment at many of the same sites after the completion of enrollment in the ZA-301 study. The FDA has agreed that Repros may conduct both identical Phase 3 studies at the same clinical sites as long as the two studies have a distinct principal investigator. The Company has commenced an advertising campaign this week with the goal of increasing the enrollment rate into the Androxal Phase 3 program. The Company plans to provide an update in the fourth quarter of 2012, to project an estimated last patient last visit date for the first pivotal study and the estimated reporting date of top line results. Currently, the Company believes results from the first study could be available as early as the second quarter of 2013. About the Pivotal Studies The two identical pivotal studies are being conducted under a Special Protocol Assessment (SPA) granted by the FDA. The key features of the studies are:
- Primary efficacy endpoint; success is defined as at least 75% of Androxal-treated men must achieve 24 hour average testosterone >300 ng/dL at week 12 -- All men in active arm start dosing at 12.5 mg with up-titration to 25 mg at week 6 if morning T remains less than 300 ng/dL -- Primary efficacy to be determined on Intent-to-Treat Population
- Primary safety endpoint; comparison of active and placebo arm with respect to the percent of men that exhibit a 50% reduction in sperm counts between two assessments at baseline and two assessments at the end of the active dosing period. The active arm should be non-inferior to placebo.
- 152 men randomized 3:1 active to placebo
- BMI>25 and ≤ 60 years of age
- 12 week active dosing period
- Confirmed baseline morning testosterone levels <300 ng/dL determined on two separate days
- Men must be naïve to testosterone treatment or off testosterone therapy for at least 6 months
- Confirmed baseline sperm concentrations >15,000,000 sperm/mL determined on two separate days separated by at least 2 days
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV