Nordion Announces Strategic Realignment Of The Business And New Appointment To Its Board Of Directors
Nordion Inc. (TSX: NDN) (NYSE: NDZ) today announced a strategic realignment of the business designed to focus on improving the execution of Nordion’s business strategy. The plan includes transitioning Nordion to a Business Unit model with two distinct Business Units: Targeted Therapies and Specialty Isotopes, each of which will be supported by centralized corporate functions. The Specialty Isotopes business will include two segments: Sterilization Technologies and Medical Isotopes.
The Company also announced the appointment of Jeff Brown, Chief Executive Officer and founding member of Brown Equity Partners, LLC, to its Board of Directors.
“The strategic realignment is designed to take into account the unique product life cycles and the needs of our customers in each of our businesses,” said Steve West, Chief Executive Officer, Nordion Inc. “The new organizational model is intended to allow for quicker decision making and provide the Nordion team with improved agility, clearer focus and direct leadership accountability to better serve our customers and build shareholder value.”
Chief Operating Officer, Specialty Isotopes: Scott McIntosh,
formerly Senior Vice-President of Operations, becomes the COO of
Specialty Isotopes and will also assume the role of General Manager,
- General Manager, Medical Isotopes: Tom Burnett, formerly Vice-President of Global Sales becomes General Manager, Medical Isotopes, and will report into Mr. McIntosh.
- Chief Operating Officer, Targeted Therapies: Steve West, Chief Executive Officer of Nordion, will act as interim COO of Targeted Therapies as Nordion initiates an external search for a permanent leader.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV