Capital One CEO Richard Fairbank addressed concerns that the company may be overly acquisitive, saying at the Barclays Capital Global Financial Services Conference on Tuesday that "we have gotten to where we need to do in the credit card business," while gaining scale, through the HSBC card purchase "in private label partnerships, where there are really three large players. Now Capital One is one of them."
"So we are really at our destination in these two businesses and in a position to generate I think a lot of earnings," he said, adding that because of the ING Direct purchase, "we now have core deposits as a percentage of liabilities, we're at the absolute highest end of all regional banks and far ahead of the money center banks, so we're at an absolute destination there."
Interested in more on Capital One? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV