Social networking stock Facebook (FB) is trading up 5.4% at $20.48 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 62.6 millionAverage Volume: 36.4 million Volume % Change: 257% >>3 Internet Stocks Ready to Move Higher From a technical perspective, FB is gapping up sharply here with monster volume. This move has pushed FB into breakout territory, since the stock has taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $19.98. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in FB as long as it's trending above $19.98 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 36.4 million shares as bullish. If FB can hold that trend, then this stock has a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next significant overhead resistance levels at $22.45 to $23.42. Facebook was also featured recently in " 3 Tech Stocks to Trade (or Not)."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV