AUSTIN, Texas, Sept. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) today introduced the NI PXIe-8135, which features the quad-core 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processor and USB 3.0 connectivity, making it the industry's fastest PXI embedded controller. The NI PXIe-8135 helps engineers achieve shorter test times and increase automated test throughput, further advancing PXI instrumentation for high-performance test, measurement and control applications.
"At NI, we are continuously investing in the PXI platform and pairing it with the latest Intel processor offerings," said
Robert Canik, vice president of R&D for core PXI and distributed control at National Instruments. "The NI PXIe-8135 embedded controller is a great example of how our long-standing collaboration with Intel helps us give engineers advanced technology to address demanding test and measurement challenges."
"The 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor being used in the NI PXIe-8135 embedded controller provides superior performance and next-generation I/O technologies to help meet the intensive processing demands of the latest automated test and control applications," said Matt Langman, director of marketing for the Intelligent Systems Group at Intel. "Because of Intel's processor architecture advancements, National Instruments can continue to deliver the highest performance possible for test engineers." Product Features
- Use of the quad-core 3rd generation Intel Core i7-3610QE processor, with up to 3.3 GHz clock frequency, in the NI PXIe-8135 delivers up to 85 percent performance increase compared to NI's previous-generation embedded controller.
- USB 3.0 connectivity offers up to 10X faster instrument communication for transferring and storing data externally.
- Four PCI Express x4 Gen 2 links interface from the embedded controller to the chassis backplane providing up to 8 GB/s of system throughput for high-bandwidth streaming applications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV