GigOptix, Inc. (NYSE MKT: GIG), a leading supplier of semiconductor and optical components that enable high-speed information streaming, will showcase, in partnership with CPqD, a 100G/200G DP-16QAM System using the GigOptix GX62472, at the 38th European Conference and Exhibition on Optical Communications (ECOC) in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
The GX62472 is a Surface Mounted Technology (SMT) Mach Zehnder Modulator (MZM) quad linear driver designed with integrated GPPO outputs for 100G, 200G and 400G DWDM metro and long-haul optical transmitters.
Key features of the GX62472 include:
- Data rates up to 32Gbaud for use in 200G/400G Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM) applications
- Coplanar differential inputs compatible with industry surface mounted Digital Signal Processors (DSPs)
- GPPO connectorized outputs compatible with market leading 100G DP-QPSK MZMs
- Low RMS jitter degradation with excellent linearity
- Single ended linear output up to 6Vpp
“As a research and innovation center, our ultimate objective is to collaborate on high speed optical transmission advances with leading edge component companies, maintaining our research and development efforts in the state of art optical communications field; collaborating for the present and future of the Brazilian photonics ecosystem,” stated Dr. Júlio César R.F. de Oliveira, Manager of Optical Systems at CPqD Foundation. “We have partnered with GigOptix for this QAM system, as their linear driver was developed in such a close partnership with their Tier 1 customer for 100G and 400G applications. We have always admired and strove for close partnerships and with the overwhelming success of this collaboration, we look forward to continuing to work closely on more advancement for the communications market.”“By having this exceptional demonstration at ECOC this year, we hope to showcase to the world the advancements of GigOptix,” commented Andrea Betti-Berutto, Chief Technology Officer of GigOptix. “As our business strategy is always to look towards the horizon, at what’s next, our GX62472 exemplifies this strategy as it was designed and released during the beginning stages of system design and qualification for the advanced speed applications that it supports.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts