GigOptix, Inc. (NYSE MKT: GIG), a leading supplier of semiconductor and optical components that enable high-speed information streaming, will showcase, in partnership with CPqD, a 100G/200G DP-16QAM System using the GigOptix GX62472, at the 38th European Conference and Exhibition on Optical Communications (ECOC) in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
The GX62472 is a Surface Mounted Technology (SMT) Mach Zehnder Modulator (MZM) quad linear driver designed with integrated GPPO outputs for 100G, 200G and 400G DWDM metro and long-haul optical transmitters.
Key features of the GX62472 include:
- Data rates up to 32Gbaud for use in 200G/400G Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM) applications
- Coplanar differential inputs compatible with industry surface mounted Digital Signal Processors (DSPs)
- GPPO connectorized outputs compatible with market leading 100G DP-QPSK MZMs
- Low RMS jitter degradation with excellent linearity
- Single ended linear output up to 6Vpp
“As a research and innovation center, our ultimate objective is to collaborate on high speed optical transmission advances with leading edge component companies, maintaining our research and development efforts in the state of art optical communications field; collaborating for the present and future of the Brazilian photonics ecosystem,” stated Dr. Júlio César R.F. de Oliveira, Manager of Optical Systems at CPqD Foundation. “We have partnered with GigOptix for this QAM system, as their linear driver was developed in such a close partnership with their Tier 1 customer for 100G and 400G applications. We have always admired and strove for close partnerships and with the overwhelming success of this collaboration, we look forward to continuing to work closely on more advancement for the communications market.”“By having this exceptional demonstration at ECOC this year, we hope to showcase to the world the advancements of GigOptix,” commented Andrea Betti-Berutto, Chief Technology Officer of GigOptix. “As our business strategy is always to look towards the horizon, at what’s next, our GX62472 exemplifies this strategy as it was designed and released during the beginning stages of system design and qualification for the advanced speed applications that it supports.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV