As for Thursday's scheduled news, Pier 1 Imports (PIR) is slated to report its second-quarter results before the opening bell. The average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters is for earnings of 19 cents a share in the three months ended in August on revenue of $367.2 million.
Shares of the specialty retailer are up more than 60% in the past year, hitting a 52-week high of $19.62 on Monday, and the sell side is bullish ahead of the report with 8 of the 12 analysts covering the stock at either strong buy (7) or buy (1) and the median 12-month price target at $21.
Thursday's economic calendar includes weekly initial and continuing jobless claims at 8:30 a.m. ET; the producer price index for August at 8:30 a.m. ET; and the Treasury budget for August at 2 p.m. ET.
--Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV