Specialty home décor and gifts retailer Kirkland’s, Inc., (Nasdaq: KIRK) has launched a mobile website to make shopping easier for its customers, the company announced today.
“This was a customer-centric decision to create a positive shopping experience for our mobile users,” said Mark Krebs, Kirkland’s vice president of marketing.
When mobile users visit www.kirklands.com on a smartphone, they will experience the same navigable look and ease of purchasing as they would from the desktop version. Kirkland’s has incorporated its most popular features in the mobile site, from product categories, store locator and styled photography to new features like social sharing.
“The upward trend in mobile usage simply cannot be ignored,” said Krebs, who pointed out that 18 percent of the retailer’s Web traffic comes from mobile users. “Our mobile site is one initiative among many designed to provide a pleasing experience for all of our mobile customers.”Consumers expect to be able to shop with their phones and want the experience to be as good as or better than on a computer. The mobile site is an extension of the desktop version and offers customers the ability to purchase any one of the wide-ranging home décor products they have come to depend on Kirkland’s for. About Kirkland’s Kirkland’s, Inc., was founded in 1966 and is a specialty retailer of home décor in the United States. Although originally focused in the Southeast, the company has grown beyond that region and currently operates 300 stores in 30 states. The company’s stores present a broad selection of distinctive merchandise, including framed art, mirrors, candles, lamps, picture frames, accent rugs, garden accessories and artificial floral products. The company’s stores also offer an extensive assortment of gifts, as well as seasonal merchandise. More information can be found at www.kirklands.com and www.facebook.com/kirklands.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV