There had been speculation over what Apple would call the new iPhone until the company accidentally leaked the name of the new device earlier Wednesday in search terms on its Web site.
Even still, there are several new features which are sure to get tech pundits and consumers excited about the new phone, which is available Friday for pre-order. It will officially go on sale Sept. 21.
"It's an incredibly quick start," said Phil Schiller, the company's senior vice president of marketing. "This will be our fastest phone rollout ever."Apple iPhone 5: Live-Blog Recap Here's a list of the iPhone 5's most important new features:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV