Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK), the world’s highest attended motion picture exhibitor, today announced plans to construct a 12-screen, all-digital movie theatre in Temple, Texas that will feature the company’s new Cinemark NextGen design concept. The theatre will anchor the redevelopment of the Outdoor America Mall to be renamed Gateway Center, strategically located along Interstate 35, just south of the intersection of I-35 and SW Hk Dodgen Loop 363.
Long recognized as a pioneer in the theatrical exhibition industry, Cinemark is taking the cinema entertainment experience to the next level. The new Cinemark NextGen theatre will offer the latest technology, cutting edge amenities and customer-preferred options all under one roof. NextGen amenities will include:
- State-of-the-art viewing environment with wall-to-wall, ceiling-to-floor screens available in all auditoriums.
- 4K digital projection powered by Barco projectors; RealD 3D capability
- Enhanced sound systems that will enable customers to hear the movie as the filmmakers intended.
- Cinemark’s innovative self-serve concession stand – offering freshly-popped popcorn, Coca-Cola fountain beverages and favorite candy brands
- Cinemark XD: Extreme Digital Cinema auditorium
Information about Cinemark XD: Extreme Digital Cinema auditoriums:
Cinemark will be bringing their exclusive large screen format, Cinemark XD Extreme Digital Cinema, auditorium to the market. Cinemark XD is a complete entertainment environment featuring a large wall-to-wall and ceiling-to-floor screen, plush seating and a custom digital surround sound system featuring the latest in sound technology. The digital images will be delivered by a Doremi server and a Barco DLP digital projector, which offers the brightest light standards in the industry. The XD auditorium will exhibit the newest movies every week, including 2D and RealD 3D pictures.“We are thrilled to introduce our new Cinemark NextGen movie theatre experience to guests who live in the Temple/Belton area,” states Tim Warner, Cinemark’s Chief Executive Officer. “We will be constructing a state-of-the-art facility that will quickly become recognized as the preferred place in the market to enjoy a great movie-going experience. We plan to move very swiftly in order to open the theatre in the fall of 2013, just in time for the busy holiday season.” “It is great to have a high caliber operation like Cinemark anchoring our redevelopment of the old Outdoor America Mall,” comments Ernesto Ancira, Jr. from Bullish Resources, Inc., the owner of the newly renamed Gateway Center Shopping Center. “This is going to be an exciting project blending entertainment, restaurants, retail, hospitality, and office space in one center. We are grateful to have the expertise of Charter Real Estate managing this project for us and bringing together all the new tenants. The new Gateway Center will be a beautiful transformation for Temple being the first center people see traveling north on I-35.” Cinemark takes pride in creating the best entertainment experience in the industry. In order to make movie-going as easy and enjoyable as possible, Cinemark focuses on offering more choices to their customers. For example, the new theatre will feature online “Print at Home” ticketing, available at www.cinemark.com, which will make it easy for patrons to purchase tickets in advance from the comfort of their home or office. Customers will be able to bypass lines at the box office and go directly to a kiosk in the theatre lobby. Also, guests can download and purchase tickets through Cinemark’s mobile applications that are available for iPhone and Android phones. Finally, to stay connected, customers can sign up online to receive free, weekly showtime emailers that contain online coupons for discounts at the concession stand and other weekly special offers. About Cinemark Holdings, Inc. Cinemark is a leading domestic and international motion picture exhibitor, operating 461 theatres with 5,207 screens in 39 U.S. states, Brazil, Mexico and 11 other Latin American countries as of June 30, 2012. For more information go to investors.cinemark.com .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV