GLENVIEW, Ill., Sept. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Since its origins in 1777, Grey Poupon has been synonymous with refined taste and premium quality; it's not "just mustard", it's Grey Poupon. At the height of American popularity in the '80s with the "Pardon me" campaign, Grey Poupon elevated the status of a basic yellow condiment and shared refined values with consumers. But after a 15 year hiatus in mass market advertising for the brand, good taste has widely been pushed to the back burner by society.
Today, Grey Poupon is back to celebrate and "Spread Good Taste" with a new digital campaign that will feature one of the first ever Facebook brand pages to tastefully screen potential fans, allowing in only those that exhibit good taste.
"Even though Grey Poupon is still savored by people who know great mustard, a new generation may be unaware of our irresistible taste and premium ingredients," said Sara Braun, Director of Marketing, Kraft Foods. "We plan to re-establish our place in culture. And it all starts by finding the most tasteful individuals online."Grey Poupon is inviting "classy" individuals to join one of the most discerning Facebook pages in the world, "The Society of Good Taste." Fans of the brand are asked to apply for membership to the Society on the Grey Poupon Facebook page, where an algorithm will then determine whether or not they "cut the mustard." The algorithm will search and judge users' profiles based on their proper use of grammar, art taste, restaurant-check ins, books read and movie selections to name a few. If the algorithm detects poor taste in music or TXT speak, for example, they could be rejected for membership. Those who do not qualify in the upper percentile, will have their "like" deleted, and be asked to refine their profile before trying again.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV