When most people think of fall, they think of the crispness in the air, shorter days and all of those leaves. To lighten the load on landscaping projects and help ready any home with seasonal updates, Lowe’s recommends five easy ways to welcome fall with style. You can plan now and enjoy the autumn season when it arrives.
Fall Landscape 101
Make the most of the cooler temperatures and make your neighbors green with envy. Add some new color to your garden by removing leftover summer annuals and replacing them with traditional fall plants such as chrysanthemums, pansies, ornamental cabbage and kale. If you’ve grown your own garden, autumn temperatures are ideal for planting broccoli, turnips, beets, carrots and other vegetables.
Ready the Lawn for Spring 2013Aerating, seeding and fertilizing your yard this fall will help create a healthy lawn in the spring. Aeration allows for greater movement of water, fertilizer and air, stimulating a healthy lawn. Next, clean up leaves, sticks and rocks that can harbor diseases over the winter. Time to Store This is one project that can be easy to forget, but it’s important to keep your tools and home in working order with simple maintenance. Start with a tuneup on your lawn mower’s blade, engine and cables to keep them from corroding while in storage. Disconnect all garden hoses from outside faucets and drain the water; coil and store them where they won’t freeze. For sprinkler systems, hire a professional to blow out residual water before the ground freezes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV