NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- U.S. stocks finished in positive territory Wednesday as investors mostly stood pat as the Federal Reserve kicked off a two-day policy meeting widely anticipated to yield another round of quantitative easing.
The big events of the day -- Apple's (AAPL) launch of the iPhone 5 and a German court ruling supporting the country's participation in eurozone bailout efforts -- both went according to expectations.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed up 10 points, or 0.07%, at 13,333. The blue-chip index, which grabbed scored its fifth gain in the past six sessions, ranged less than 55 points on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV