Apple (AAPL) ($660.59) is rated Buy according to ValuEngine with fair value at $609.12, which makes the stock 8.5% overvalued. The ValuEngine one-year price target is $700.63.
Apple is up 75.8% over the past 12 months and has a reasonable 12.8 P/E ratio. My quarterly value level is $602.77 with a weekly pivot at $675.99 and monthly risky level at $769.54.
The daily chart below shows declining momentum with the stock holding its 21-day simple moving average at $660.53 at Tuesday's close, and well above its 50-day and 200-day simple moving averages at $628.59 and $545.07.
Courtesy of Thomson ReutersGoogle Inc (GOOG) ($692.19) is rated Buy according to ValuEngine with fair value at $608.54, which makes the stock 13.8% overvalued. The ValuEngine one-year price target is $729.83. Google is up 31.9% over the past 12 months and a so-so 18.0 P/E ratio. My monthly value level is $600.44 with a quarterly pivot at $705.10 and weekly risky level at $752.87. The daily chart below shows overbought momentum with the stock well above its 21-day, 50-day and 200-day simple moving averages at $680.26, $638.30 and $616.69.
Courtesy of Thomson Reuters
How to Use my Value Levels, Pivots and Risky LevelsValue Level: The price at which to enter a GTC Limit Order to buy on weakness to initiate a new long, add to an existing long, or to begin to cover a short position. The letters mean; W-Weekly, M-Monthly, Q-Quarterly, S-Semiannual and A- Annual.
Pivot: A level between a value level and risky level that should be a magnet during the time frame noted. Risky Level: The price at which to enter a GTC Limit Order to sell on strength to book a profit on long positions, or to build short positions. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV