Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (NYSE: FDO) today announced it has reached a preliminary settlement for a class of over 1,700 New York store managers regarding their claims for overtime wages.
The preliminary settlement provides for a maximum payment of $14 million by Family Dollar. Settlement terms have not been finalized between the parties, and therefore, the settlement is not complete. Any finalized settlement between the Company and the class of New York store managers would require court approval, and that process has not yet begun.
The Company expects to record a one-time charge in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012 for previously unplanned costs and expenses related to the litigation and its settlement.
About Family DollarBeginning with one store in Charlotte, North Carolina, in 1959, the Company currently operates more than 7,400 stores in 45 states. Family Dollar Stores, Inc., a Fortune 300 company, is based in Matthews, North Carolina, just outside of Charlotte and is a publicly held company with common stock traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FDO. For more information, please visit www.familydollar.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV