Wipro Technologies, the Global Information Technology, Consulting and Outsourcing business of Wipro Ltd. (NYSE: WIT), announced that it has been positioned as a Thought Leadership “Best-In-Class” in the CEB TowerGroup Outsourcing Technology Analysis Report 2012.
Wipro has been investing in domain and technology led thought leadership and has delivered innovations in areas close to the financial services business such as Customer Experience, Risk & Compliance, Channel Transformation and Analytics.
“In the last few years we have seen dramatic changes in the Financial Services landscape. Discussions with our customers have been moving away from purely showcasing capabilities to demonstrating insights on how financial institutions can do business better,” said Soumitro Ghosh, SVP and Global Head – Financial Solutions, Wipro Technologies. “Being recognized as a thought leadership “best-in-class” in the financial services industry demonstrates our efforts to engage with customers as a business partner, delivering innovative business solutions that go beyond the traditional ambit of an IT services provider.”
“The competitive landscape coupled with the growing need of financial institutions for both shifting the cost curve and improving operations has resulted in new value being delivered by leading outsourcers,” said CEB TowerGroup senior research director Rodney Nelsestuen. “Specifically, companies delivering thought leadership are becoming an integral part of their client institution’s operational strategy and not merely a service provider. In short, leading outsourcers are evolving their capabilities from helping to run the institution to helping transform it.”According to CEB TowerGroup’s report:
- Wipro is able to demonstrate process and delivery innovation through their consulting arm, as evidenced by their ability to bring intelligence from global consulting engagements to bear on a client project.
- Wipro has long been providing client services such as executive forums and hosted conferences, engaging with customers as a business partner rather than solely as a pure IT services provider.
- Wipro delivered on several key innovations, including a risk management framework for insurance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV