“While many of our ‘Acts of Wellness’ will include free screenings, wellness fairs and a variety of public education events, others will take communities by surprise and spread wellness messages in novel ways,” Standley added. “In each community RA50 visits, we’ll also be partnering with community officials and organizations to reach populations most in need and inviting local officials to join us as healthy role models for local residents.”
Events in each market will address specific community health and wellness needs like diabetes, heart disease, childhood obesity and cold and flu prevention. The organizations participating in the RA50 include Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, which Rite Aid has sponsored since 1994; several partners of The Rite Aid Foundation, Rite Aid’s not-for-profit foundation, including Boys Hope Girls Hope, Boys & Girls Clubs and Marathon Kids; various chapters of the United Way as well as local senior centers, school districts and many other public and private charitable groups.
Rite Aid has also created a special website, www.ra50.com, which will provide details on the corporate-sponsored wellness events happening across the country. The website will also highlight community outreach activities led by Rite Aid associates. Rite Aid customers and the public are encouraged to visit ra50.com often to learn more about RA50 and to follow its progress across the country.
Rite Aid’s sixth-month long 50 th anniversary celebration culminates with special 50 th Anniversary sales promotions for customers in January and February 2013.Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE: RAD) is one of the nation’s leading drugstore chains with more than 4,600 stores in 31 states and the District of Columbia and fiscal 2012 annual revenues of $26.1 billion. Information about Rite Aid is available through the company’s website at www.riteaid.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV