Teledyne Technologies Incorporated (NYSE:TDY) announced today that its subsidiary, Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc., in Huntsville, Ala., has been awarded a prime contract to provide technical, logistical, and administrative support for the disposal of chemical weapons to the U.S. Army Chemical Materials Agency and the Program Executive Office for Assembled Chemical Weapons Alternatives.
Teledyne Brown was one of five companies selected to compete for task orders under the five-year, $489 million contract awarded by the Army Contracting Command at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland.
“We are very pleased to have been selected by the Army to support this important program to eliminate chemical weapons,” said Robert Mehrabian, chairman, president, and chief executive officer of Teledyne. “This strengthens our environmental portfolio and reflects favorably upon our rare capabilities in chemical weapons demilitarization.”
The contract includes tasks for chemical stockpile elimination and the non-stockpile chemical material program.Teledyne Brown is an industry leader in the safe decontamination of chemical and biological warfare agents. Applying full lifecycle concepts, the company has provided research, engineering services, technology, manufactured products, test and sustainment in this industry for nearly two decades. Teledyne Technologies is a leading provider of sophisticated instrumentation, digital imaging products and software, aerospace and defense electronics, and engineered systems. Teledyne Technologies’ operations are primarily located in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Mexico. For more information, visit Teledyne Technologies’ website at www.teledyne.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV