MADISON, Wis., Sept. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for back-to-school, the brand long-known for lunchtime fun is introducing a wholesome new line that will help put an end to brown bag boredom. Available in three varieties, each new Lunchables with Smoothie includes a CHIQUITA ® Strawberry Banana Smoothie made with a half-cup of real fruit* and no added sugar or sweeteners. The new products include kid-favorite foods, such as deep dish pizza with pepperoni, chicken strips and turkey subs, and a small treat.
"Moms tell us they need wholesome lunchtime options for their kids, but kids want an exciting lunch they look forward to eating," said Joe Fragnito, Director of Marketing, Lunchables. "That's why we created new Lunchables with Smoothie. Filled with kid-favorite foods and a smoothie made with real fruit, these varieties give moms choices they can feel good about and kids are thrilled to have a lunchtime option that's fun to eat."
New Lunchables with Smoothie offerings are available now in the refrigerated section of grocery stores nationwide with a suggested retail price of $3.79 per pack. Product highlights of the three new wholesome recipes include:
- NEW Chicken Strips made with Oscar Mayer white meat breaded chicken include CHIQUITA ® Strawberry Banana Smoothie and Double Stuf OREO Cookies.
- NEW Deep Dish Pizza includes pepperoni, KRAFT cheese blend, pizza crust made with 8 grams of whole grain, pizza sauce, CHIQUITA ® Strawberry Banana Smoothie and Chewy Chips Ahoy! Cookies.
- NEW Turkey and Cheddar Sub Sandwich made with Oscar Mayer lean turkey containing only white breast meat, KRAFT Fat Free Mayo, KRAFT Cheddar, a sub bun made with 8 grams of whole grain, includes CHIQUITA ® Strawberry Banana Smoothie and Double Stuf OREO Cookies.
For more information about Lunchables Lunch Combinations, visit www.Lunchables.com.ABOUT KRAFT FOODS Kraft Foods Inc. (NASDAQ: KFT) is a global snacks powerhouse with an unrivaled portfolio of brands people love. Proudly marketing delicious biscuits, confectionery, beverages, cheese, grocery products and convenient meals in approximately 170 countries, Kraft Foods had 2011 revenue of $54.4 billion. Twelve of the company's iconic brands – Cadbury, Jacobs, Kraft, LU, Maxwell House, Milka, Nabisco, Oreo, Oscar Mayer, Philadelphia, Tang and Trident – generate revenue of more than $1 billion annually. On Aug. 4, 2011, Kraft Foods announced plans to divide and create two independent public companies: a high-growth global snacks business and a high-margin North American grocery business. The transaction is expected to be completed on Oct. 1, 2012. A leader in innovation, marketing, health & wellness and sustainability, Kraft Foods is a member of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Standard & Poor's 500, NASDAQ 100, Dow Jones Sustainability Index and Ethibel Sustainability Index. Visit www.kraftfoodscompany.com and www.facebook.com/kraftfoodscorporate. About Chiquita Brands International, Inc. Chiquita Brands (NYSE: CQB) is committed to Improving World Nutrition as a leading international marketer and distributor of high-quality fresh and value-added food products - from energy-rich bananas and other fruits to nutritious blends of convenient green salads. The company markets its healthy, fresh products under the Chiquita® and Fresh Express® premium brands and other related trademarks. With annual revenues of more than $3 billion, Chiquita employs more than 21,000 people and has operations in nearly 70 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.chiquita.com/. *Contributes to 2 cups recommended by the Dietary Guidelines for a 2,000 calorie diet. Please visit kraftfoods.com and ChooseMyPlate.gov for more information. - make today delicious -
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV