LOS ANGELES, Sept. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Rentrak Corporation (NASDAQ: RENT) and Screen Engine today announced a jointly-developed syndicated product called PostTrak, that will report box office sales figures, audience demographics and the aspects of each title that trigger interest and attendance – all in real time.
PostTrak is a movie industry first from Rentrak, the prevailing leader in multi-screen media measurement serving the advertising, television and entertainment industries, and Screen Engine, a leading market research and marketing information company specializing across the four screens of media. This revolutionary new service will measure all wide-released films during their opening and second weekends and will also report on:
- Moviegoers' sources of awareness about the movie
- Primary reasons for attending
- Comparison of the film to their in-going expectations
- Urgency to communicate one's impressions about the movie to family and/or friends
- Most likely way of communicating about the film (e.g., in person, social network, etc.)
- Interest in renting/purchasing the movie on DVD/Blu-ray/VOD
The PostTrak service will be available by subscription to the movie industry and will include Rentrak's census-level metrics as well as Screen Engine's monitoring of actual audience composition and post-opening results measured on each new movie opening in wide release. PostTrak will also give clients the ability to make comparisons against competitive films.
"This new method of data collection and reporting is a revolutionary tool for the movie business," said Kevin Goetz, Founder and CEO of Screen Engine. "The PostTrak results will provide decision makers with far more reliable feedback in 20 demographically representative markets nationwide. This is in stark contrast to the traditional method of exit poll collection and reporting currently undertaken in only 3-4 markets."PostTrak is the most precise tool available for predicting future ticket sales at the box office and projections for DVD and VOD revenues. It will provide the industry with hour-by-hour and region-by-region reporting as each new wide-release title opens across the country. Additionally, PostTrak will measure second weekend audience reactions to enable studios to better leverage opening weekend audience reactions and decide how to adjust messaging with greater immediacy than ever before.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV