MENLO PARK, Calif., Sept. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- IncellDx, Inc. announced today that it has initiated a large-scale study called SLIQUE ( study to compare s lideless and li quid-based Pap sm ears). The study is being conducted in partnership with BioReference Laboratories, Inc. (NASDAQ: BRLI) and is expected to take anywhere from three to six months. Over 10,000 samples will be used to compare the performance of OncoTect 3Dx ™ technology with liquid-based cytology (ThinPrep ™ and SurePath ™) methods. IncellDx recently presented on OncoTect 3Dx ™ at the Eurogin Conference ( http://www.eurogin.com/2012) and this study represents the next step in commercializing the technology.
Current Pap smear technology is slide-based and requires manual review of each slide by specially trained technicians, increasing cost and reducing throughput. OncoTect 3Dx ™ uses a proprietary flow cytometry-based technology to improve and automate the process. "Liquid-based cytology represents an approximately $5 billion market opportunity for IncellDx," said Bruce Patterson, MD, CEO and Founder of IncellDx. "Our OncoTect 3Dx ™ technology has the potential to increase the sensitivity and specificity of the liquid-based Pap smear while it simultaneously reduces the cost and turnaround time."
"This is a very interesting technology that opens up new horizons as we continue to innovate in the women's health space," said Marc Grodman, MD, CEO of BioReference Laboratories and Chairman of the Board of IncellDx. "We expect that OncoTect 3Dx ™ has the potential to be disruptive in the marketplace both here in the United States and anywhere in the world where cytology resources are scarce."
IncellDx and BioReference expect the study to provide sufficient data to plan a FDA trial for the OncoTect 3Dx ™ technology.More information about OncoTect ® and OncoTect 3Dx ™:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV