(NYSE: PRO), a world leader in pricing and revenue management software, today announced a new cloud-based revenue management solution for low-cost airlines. The new solution – PROS first product for low-cost airlines – drives significantly greater alignment between revenue management and pricing, which enables these carriers to achieve revenue and load-factor goals. PROS provides these airlines with big data technologies that improve analysis and speed, and help analysts take control of the booking process to maximize revenue for the thousands of flights they follow.
PROS plans to publicly demonstrate the solution for the first time at the upcoming
World Low Cost Airlines Congress
in London, scheduled for Sept. 17-19 at the Sofitel London Heathrow.
PROS new cloud solution enables low-cost carriers to dramatically optimize revenue for each flight, with powerful analytics that transform near real-time flight data into new strategic insights. Analysts gain the agility they require to make competitive pricing and seat inventory decisions until just hours before boarding.
“As the industry’s revenue management leader, we’re extending our market reach with new products for low-cost carriers, a traditionally under-served segment,” said
PROS Travel President Benson Yuen
. “With our long history of helping airlines monetize big data, we’re now leveraging cloud technology and our continuous innovation to meet the unique needs of these carriers. Every airline is looking to outperform in the markets they serve. With PROS, low-cost airlines can align optimal pricing and revenue management in a single system, which provides the agility to respond more quickly to competition and enables them to generate additional revenue streams. We look forward to showcasing our new solution with customers and prospects at the London congress.”
About the New Solution
PROS offers a new, more powerful approach to revenue management for low-cost carriers with its innovative cloud-based solution. With PROS, these airlines are able to improve the revenue of each flight, and also reduce costs with the cloud infrastructure that enables them to outperform against their business goals:
- Make faster, more accurate pricing decisions: With access to near real-time data, carriers gain the agility and flexibility to make pricing decisions until just hours before departures.
- Keep revenue and business goals on track: With near real-time tracking of load factors and average fares, carriers can now proactively monitor and analyze their progress against business goals to ensure they’re hitting corporate targets. This new method provides a far more effective approach compared with current methods that rely on end-of-month calculations.
- Respond more effectively to competitors: Designed with PROS highly regarded revenue management science, the new solution transforms data into insights. Low-cost carriers can combine and price their airline products to enforce traditional advance purchase rules and respond more effectively to unexpected competitor moves.
- Gain higher performance and lower costs: The cloud deployment eliminates capital-intensive expenditures, lowers IT support requirements, and provides the privacy and security of an advanced on-premise computing environment. Systems are always cutting edge, with new innovations immediately available for customers to review, test and activate.
- Enable faster training times for new hires: The software is easy to use and requires little training, which enables new, less-experienced analysts to gain proficiency much faster.
- Boost productivity and efficiency: Analysts are no longer encumbered by complex spreadsheets and manual calculations. Instead, they can analyze and compare flight data, identify trends, craft strategies and keep a watchful eye on corporate goals much more easily. With its innovative features that shift the role of analysts from tactical to strategic, they’re able to work more efficiently and productively than ever.
To preview the product at the
World Low Cost Airlines Congress
, email PROS at
or call 1-855-846-0641 for North America, or +49 89 99216 270 for Europe or Asia Pacific. To learn more about PROS revenue management solutions for the travel industry, visit the
PROS Holdings, Inc. (
) is a leading provider of prescriptive pricing and revenue management software for companies in the manufacturing, distribution, services and travel industries. PROS gives customers far greater confidence and agility in their pricing strategies by providing data-driven insights into transaction profitability, forecasting demand, recommending optimal prices for each product and deal, and streamlining pricing processes with enhanced controls and compliance. With more than $460 billion in revenues under management, PROS has implemented more than 500 solutions in more than 50 countries. The PROS team comprises more than 600 professionals, including 100 with advanced degrees and 25 with Ph.D.s. To learn more, visit
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements about the functionality and benefits of pricing software to organizations generally as well as the functionality and benefits of PROS software products. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are based upon PROS historical experience with pricing and big data software and its current expectations of the benefits of pricing and big data software for organizations that implement and utilize such software. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described herein include the addressability of an organization’s pricing and revenue management needs, the risks associated with PROS developing and enhancing products with the functionality necessary to deliver the stated results and the risks associated with the complex implementation and maintenance of pricing and big data software such as PROS software products. Additional information relating to the uncertainty affecting the PROS business is contained in PROS filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. These forward-looking statements represent PROS expectations as of the date of this press release. Subsequent events may cause these expectations to change, and PROS disclaims any obligations to update or alter these forward-looking statements in the future, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.