GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colo., Sept. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ampio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AMPE), a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, with repurposed drugs and new molecular entities (NMEs) that treat inflammatory diseases, including osteoarthritis, diabetic macular edema (DME) and sexual dysfunction announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement with Ethypharm Ltd for the manufacturing of Zertane™, Ampio's drug for the treatment of premature ejaculation. Zertane™ is a specially formulated orally disintegrating tablet (ODT) manufactured by Ethypharm under patented processes jointly owned by Ethypharm and Ampio. (Ampio acquired the ODT formulation technology from Valeant in December of 2011).
This agreement and the manufactured drug will be used to:
- Complete the IND for the conduct of pivotal trials of Zertane™ in the USA as agreed with the FDA. This includes the delivery of the final packaged drug as well as all documentation necessary for registration and approval processes with the FDA and other regulatory agencies.
- Complete the registration package for approval of Zertane™ by the TGA in Australia (based on the completed phase 3 trials conducted in Europe), which will be used for approval in multiple countries, including South Korea and Brazil where Ampio has secured licensing agreements.
- Finalize pricing of Zertane™ for launch in countries outside the USA and provide clarity for licensing negotiations with additional potential partners.
About EthypharmEthypharm is a privately held French company established in 1977 with 800 employees worldwide and close to 2 billion doses delivered to the market in 2011. Ethypharm is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies dedicated to the development of advanced drug delivery systems. Its patented technologies include bioavailability enhancement of poorly soluble drugs, custom release profiles, fixed dose combination and taste-masking/orally disintegrating tablet (ODT) formulations offer multiple benefits for patients by improving efficacy, administration, compliance, and reduction of side-effects. Ethypharm provides its worldwide base clients with customized innovative solutions for the life cycle management of their drug Products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV