SAN FRANCISCO (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's readers are most eager to see a bigger screen on Apple's (AAPL) eagerly anticipated iPhone 5, which is expected to debut at a glitzy event in San Francisco later Wednesday.
Just under 40% of respondents to TheStreet's recent iPhone poll said they are most excited about the prospect of a bigger screen. The new iPhone is expected to have a 4-inch screen, larger than the 3.5-inch screen on existing iPhones.
Just more than 18% of readers taking the poll are most looking forward to the prospect of high-speed 4G LTE, while a little over 15% are eyeing the possibility of longer battery life. The iPhone 4S offers up to eight hours of talk time on 3G networks or up to 14 hours on 2G.
Around 9% of readers are most excited by talk that Apple could make its big move into Near Field Communication (NFC) , a rising mobile payment technology, with the launch of the iPhone 5.A mere 5.91% and 5.15% of poll respondents, respectively, see an improved camera or a faster processor as the iPhone 5's big headline grabber. Just 1.71% of people taking the poll were most excited about a smaller dock connector. TheStreet will be live-blogging Apple's product launch on Wednesday. --Written by James Rogers in San Francisco. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV