We are very pleased with this price. In particular for comparison with what we view as relevant analogs in France, the Esbriet price is similar to the current price of Tracleer, an oral drug for pulmonary arterial hypertension and that is priced at €25750 and the prices for the treatments of lung cancer such as Tarceva or Iressa are in the same -- very much in the same range at the price granted for Esbriet in France.
In addition the Esbriet price is above those of the multiple sclerosis drugs Tysabri and Gilenya which are priced in France at €23500 and €22700 respectively. So within this context we are very, very pleased with the Esbriet price. Esbriet will be reimbursable after it is published in the French Journal Officiel year which we expect to happen in the fourth quarter of this year. We are planning to launch Esbriet as soon as possible after this publication of the Esbriet price in French Journal Officiel. And when our commercial team is fully recruited and trained to promote Esbriet.
We therefore currently expect the launch to be in December of this year. Esbriet will be reimbursed by the French National Health Insurance System for the treatment of mild to moderate forms of IPF in adults. Esbriet will be reimbursed as a [medicamom dexepsion] which means that it will be reimbursed for the labeled indication defined previously by the Transparency Commission or CT as IPF patients with forced vital capacity greater than or equal to 50% and DLCO greater than or equal to 35%.
You may recall that these metrics correspond to the lung function entry criteria, the bottom end of those criteria for our capacity Phase III program. In terms of post marketing commitments we have committed to conduct a patient registry to capture information regarding the use of Esbriet in everyday clinical practice.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV