The changes are being made because Google Inc. and Apple Inc. didn't renew a five-year licensing agreement that established YouTube as one of the built-in applications in the operating system that runs the iPhone and iPad.
US employers posted fewer open jobs in July
WASHINGTON (AP) â¿¿ U.S. employers posted fewer jobs in July than in June, further evidence that hiring may stay weak in the coming months.Job openings fell to a seasonally adjusted 3.67 million, the Labor Department said Tuesday. That's down from June's 3.72 million job openings, which was revised lower. The data follow Friday's disappointing employment report, which said the economy added only 96,000 jobs in August. That's below July's total of 141,000 and the average 226,000 a month added in the first three months of the year. The unemployment rate fell to 8.1 percent from 8.3 percent, but only because the number of people working or looking for work fell. ___ By The Associated Press(equals) The Dow Jones industrial average rose 69.07 points to close at 13,323.36. The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 4.48 points to 1,433.56. The Nasdaq composite increased 0.51 of a point to 3,104.53. Benchmark oil rose 63 cents to finish at $97.17 per barrel in New York. Brent crude, which is used to price international varieties of oil, gained 59 cents to $115.40 per barrel. Heating oil rose 1.89 cents to end at $3.1857 per gallon. Wholesale gasoline gained 1.95 cents to end at $3.0435 per gallon. Natural gas increased 18 cents, or 6.4 percent, to end at $2.992 per 1,000 cubic feet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV