SPOKANE, Wash., Sept. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Red Lion Hotels Corporation (NYSE: RLH) today provided an update on its review of strategic alternatives.
As previously announced in March 2012, the board of directors of Red Lion Hotels retained BofA Merrill Lynch as its financial advisor in connection with its exploration of strategic alternatives, including, among others, a potential sale of the company or a strategic combination with a third party. The board formed a Strategic Alternatives Committee, comprised solely of independent directors, to oversee the process.
In the months since the process began, the company executed a comprehensive review process designed to look at all options or any offers to maximize value for shareholders. The company's advisors contacted more than 75 potentially interested strategic industry and financial partners, including those which had expressed interest directly to the company or were referred to the company by shareholders. The company received a limited number of non-binding indications of interest, but did not ultimately receive any offers. After taking into account the recommendation of the Strategic Alternatives Committee, the board has suspended the formal strategic alternatives process.
"The board of directors of Red Lion Hotels is committed to pursuing all opportunities to maximize value for our shareholders and initiated the strategic alternatives process to achieve that objective," said Jon E. Eliassen, President and Chief Executive Officer of Red Lion Hotels Corporation. "Led by the board's Strategic Alternatives Committee and with the assistance of outside financial advisors, the company undertook a comprehensive review and considered a wide range of alternatives, including a potential sale of the company."Eliassen continued, "Although the company did not receive any offers, the board remains open to considering all opportunities to maximize value for shareholders. The company's present focus is on executing its current business plan. This includes the sale of non-core assets and reduction of debt." The company has recently announced progress on this initiative including:
- The sale of two non-core assets to improve the maturity profile of the company's outstanding debt, including:
- Sacramento Arden Village property for $9 million.
- Helena, Montana property for $5.6 million.
- The announcement of a definitive agreement to sell the company's non-core Denver Southeast hotel for $13 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV