It has now been able to exit many of its bailout efforts ahead of plan. Massad gave credit to the strategy, the Obama administration and also to those at AIG who have been working hard to turn the company around.
Massad noted that over 90% of all TARP dollars have been recovered so far and the government remains anxious to liquidate its remaining holdings.
When asked about the government's remaining stake in General Motors (GM), Massad commented the government has no desire to "dump" its remaining shares and bury existing shareholders. He said the government remains patient and is working with the company to determine the right time and strategy for liquidating.
Off the ChartsWith Germany's court ruling on the European bailout scheduled for Wednesday, Cramer went "Off The Charts" with colleague Ed Ponsi to see what the decision could mean for the Currency Shares Euro Trust (FXE), which measures the health of the euro against the U.S. dollar. Ponsi felt the euro had a great-looking weekly chart having finally broken out of a year-long downturn and crossing above its 200-day moving average. He said recent moves make a bullish case for the euro to head higher, but the relative strength indicator, or RSI, shows the euro is likely prime for a pullback before resuming course. Using a daily chart of the euro, Ponsi determined that his entry point would be below the $1.26 level, or 2 cents below current levels. Why that level? Because that's the euro's former ceiling of resistance and likely now a support level for the currency. Cramer said he agreed with Ponsi's analysis, noting the German decision Wednesday could be a "sell the news" event, giving Ponsi the entry point he was looking for.
Lightning RoundHere's what Cramer had to say about callers' stocks during the "Lightning Round":
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV