United Stationers Inc. (NASDAQ: USTR), a leading wholesale distributor of business products, announced today that Susan J. Riley and Alexander M. Schmelkin have joined its board of directors on September 5, 2012. The Governance Committee of the Board of Directors has not yet determined committee memberships for Ms. Riley and Mr. Schmelkin. Their elections to the board bring the total number of members to ten, with nine of those being independent directors.
Susan J. Riley
Ms. Riley (54) most recently served as the executive vice president of finance and administration of The Children's Place from 2006 until 2011 where she was responsible for finance, legal and information technology. Previously she served as executive vice president and chief financial officer of Klinger Advanced Aesthetics, senior vice president and CFO of Abercrombie & Fitch Company, executive vice president of business and finance of Mount Sinai Medical Center of New York, vice president and treasurer of Colgate-Palmolive Company, executive vice president and CFO of Dial Corporation and senior vice president and CFO of Tambrands, Inc.
Ms. Riley earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the Rochester Institute of Technology and an MBA from Pace University.Ms. Riley has served on the Board of PJM Interconnection since 2005, has been a member of the Board of Directors of Deb Stores, LLC since 2012, and has served on the Board of Trustees for the Rochester Institute of Technology since 2007. Alexander M. Schmelkin Mr. Schmelkin (36) is co-founder, chief executive officer and a member of the Board of Directors of Alexander Interactive (Ai) and has held these positions since 2002. Before founding Ai, Mr. Schmelkin co-founded New York-based Davanita Design which was later acquired by Avatar Technology, where he served as president and chief executive officer of the New York division.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV