The Dallas-based company issued its mid-quarter update for the three months ending this month, narrowing its view to earnings of 38 to 42 cents a share from a prior forecast for a profit of 34 to 42 cents a share. TI now expects revenue of between $3.27 billion to $3.41 billion for the quarter vs. its previous range of $3.21 billion to $3.47 billion.
The average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters is for earnings of 45 cents a share in the quarter on revenue of $3.34 billion.
The stock closed the regular session down 0.31% at $28.58. Shares were last quoted at $29.14, up 1.96%, on after-hours volume of nearly 141,000.Interested in more on Texas Instruments? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV