Deltek, Inc. (Nasdaq: PROJ), the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for government contractors and professional services firms, today announced that leading A&D contractor ARINC has selected Deltek Costpoint MES. Deltek’s new Manufacturing Execution System (MES) will improve the efficiency and profitability of ARINC’s aircraft MRO operations, enabling the company to refurbish more aircraft faster with higher quality and at a lower cost.
ARINC is a world leader in communications, engineering, and integration for commercial, defense and government customers worldwide. The company is a long-time user of the Deltek Costpoint ERP system that is powering its company-wide financial management processes. ARINC selected Deltek Costpoint MES to drive greater efficiency and profitability in its aircraft refurbishment operations. By deploying Deltek’s MES solution, ARINC will drive tangible benefits to its global operations including:
- Increasing shop floor efficiency: Costpoint MES delivers all of the data and instructions for disassembling, reassembling, and inspecting an aircraft. Routing instructions and diagrams are provided online in a step by step fashion for each aircraft. Important information including assembly instructions, part information, and inspection results can be easily accessed and recorded on the shop floor so no time is wasted throughout the MRO process – accelerating the speed of ARINC’s refurbishment operations.
- Driving greater product quality: Costpoint MES delivers instructions for conducting inspections as an aircraft is repaired and reassembled. It also records crucial information including product serial numbers, the employees that worked on each assembly, time worked, defects found, and how defects were resolved. The information Costpoint MES captures in real-time will help ARINC proactively prevent product quality issues that can raise production costs.
- Greatly accelerating cash flow: With Costpoint and Costpoint MES integrated together, all time and materials involved in the refurbishment process are captured and invoiced for automatically, using project-based costing rules. The tight connection between ARINC’s shop floor and its financial management system will improve cash flow as completed work is billed for much faster than before.
“Costpoint MES will improve our aircraft MRO operations in a variety of measurable ways,” said Carl MacKay, Director of Business Operations for ARINC. “We will have one integrated system with all of the appropriate operations and instructions, completely integrated with our planning, project management, invoicing, and accounting processes. The efficiencies gained on the shop floor will enable us to finish work on each aircraft more quickly and profitably, while maintaining our industry-leading quality standards. That’s a win-win for ARINC and our customers.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV