NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ Moody's Investors Service on Tuesday raised its senior unsecured rating for Precision Castparts Corp. to "A2" from "A3," citing the metal parts maker's strong profitability and free cash flow generation, limited debt and favorable prospects.
The ratings service also boosted the Portland, Ore.-based company's short-term rating to "Prime-1" from "Prime-2." The outlook on both ratings is stable.
Moody's noted that Precision Castparts has closed on 13 acquisitions totaling more than $2.5 billion over the past 18 months. While it assumed some debt, most of the needed financing came from the company's internal sources.
The ratings service added that it expects the company's volumes to expand in fiscal 2013 and beyond, as production of certain kinds of aircraft increases.Shares of Precision Castparts rose 12 cents to $159.21 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV