And those two elements are rare to find in biopharmaceutical companies, particularly of our current size. So on the financial here and now, we have assembled based on our technologies, which are, I think fairly easily understood, now they are quite advanced.
We have a pipeline or portfolio of five major commercial products and these are commercial products approved in markets around the world. Five products that are almost all of them early in their commercial life with long patent protection, patent protections 20s for the most part.
So these five commercial products are contributing topline now, which is about a $0.5 billion and growing, that’s generating positive non-GAAP income, positive cash flow, positive EBITDA, and that’s continue to be the case for the foreseeable future.
So we can cross the rubicon. We become an economic enterprise of certain scale with long lived assets that are not interrelated in terms of [their core entities], they are very independent, they comprise of portfolio that’s very power and can last for long time.It originates from a certain technical capability, manufacturing capability that we built over the last couple decades. So the probability we think of our being able to build more products is quite high.The difference between the next-generation of products and the first generation of products, is that the first generation of products were essentially done under a partnering model, where we used big pharmas money and resources, and development expertise to help us build our capabilities and generate cash flows from royalties and manufacturing products.This next wave of products, our proprietary products that comprise the pipeline take that learning and that understanding the technology and apply to drug for Elan account. This is not a new story. This is what Elan did a couple decade or so ago and transform themselves into a $10 billion plus company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV