4 Biotech Stocks Under $10 Making Big Moves
Pain Therapeutics (PTIE) is a biopharmaceutical company that develops novel drugs. It has four drug candidates in clinical programs, including Remoxy, Oxytrex, PTI-202 and a novel radio-labeled monoclonal antibody to treat metastatic melanoma. This stock is trading up 9.4% at $4.42 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $4.10-$4.4552-Week Range: $3.41-$5.53 Volume: 125,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 121,997 >>5 Technical Trades Under $10 From a technical perspective , PTIE is exploding higher here right off its 50-day moving average of $4.08 with above average volume. This move is quickly pushing PTIE within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once PTIE takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $4.45 to $5.03 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in PTIE once it sustains a move or close above $4.45 to $5.03 with volume that's near or above 121,997 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then PTIE will have a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance level at $5.53. Keep in mind that any high-volume move above $6 should be consider very bullish for PTIE, since that would move the stock into a gap down zone from back in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV