Like Realty Income, Regency Centers (REG) is a commercial REIT. The firm's strategy is built around investing in neighborhood shopping centers anchored by supermarkets, with 50 million square feet of leasable space in all. Regency's shopping centers are hand-picked by demographic -- the firm focuses on properties that are surrounded by affluent shoppers, efforts that are rewarded when the firm collects fees from strong tenant store performance. That's helped push REG's dividend payout to an annual 3.75% yield right now.
While the firm's shopping center positioning meant that it got hit harder than other, similarly positioned REITs in the aftermath of the recession (and structural elements made the firm more attuned to the ebb and flow of the commercial real estate market), Regency has largely bounced back at this point.As with its shopping center locations, the firm courts quality in its clients. A post-recession effort to increase the overall creditworthiness of tenants has been a success thus far, materially reducing the risks of landlording over retail space. Despite all of those tailwinds, shorts have bid regency to an identical short interest ratio as Realty Income Corp: 11.9.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV